Hands-on Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT) using Arduino - Workshop
This workshop is designed for participants to learn and experience the latest Internet of Things (IoT) technology based on Arduino Dev-Kit and Sensors/Actuators. It will be an introductory class coupled with hands-on workshop.
It's lucky that we are able to catch Mr. Choo Fook Seng, lecturer and researcher from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) to conduct the workshop, while he is on a trip down to KL. His research interests are in the areas of Internet of Things (IoT), Automotive/Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Software Engineering.
Gartner, Inc. forecasted that 20.8 billion things would be connected worldwide by 2020. These IoT can range from connected coffee makers, cars, or sensors on cattle to connected machines in a production plant, etc. This technology is contagious and will revolutionize consumer habits which impact the way we live, work and play.
What you'll learn
- How to programme Arduino Development Kit
- To design/develop Smart Home/Office Application
- Some basic knowledge of PC/Laptop usage is required. Please bring along your laptop, windows is preferrable.
- Please also refer to this tutorial to install the IDE prior to the workshop (so we can have the real fun than getting stuck with environments)
Installing IDE https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Introduction to Internet Of Things (IoT): Definition, Communication Model, Architecture, etc.
- Introduction to Arduino Hardware: Learn Hardware Architecture Block Diagram, Digital & Analog I/O Pin Usage & Sensors/Actuators
- Arduino Studio IDE & Sketch programming language: Learn IDE & Programming Language Syntax/Command/Logic
- Sample Examples Walkthrough
- Code Challenge: Design/Develop a Smart Home/Office IoT Application using Arduino/Sensors/Actuators
- What kind of starter kit you will be providing?
It is exactly this model - https://www.cytron.io/p-ard-sk3
- What if I have my own Arduino board?
If you have the exact same model and kit, then you are free to bring it along and purchase the ticket without the starter kit.
We DO NOT recommend any other model than the one specified because it would be difficult to facilitate the workshop training.
- What is the difference between a Arduino UNO R3 and Cytron UNO R3?
The Cytron version of Arduino UNO called the CT-UNO at a much lower cost than the original Arduino UNO. The CT-UNO combines the simplicity of the UNO Optiboot bootloader (which loads the program faster), the stability of the FTDI and the R3 shield compatibility of the latest Arduino UNO R3.
You can read more details at https://tutorial.cytron.io/2014/11/04/introducing-ct-uno/
- Can I get it on my own?
Yes you can. Just purchase the ticket that is without the starter kit. But please make sure the starter kit is exactly the same.
- What if I have paid but I am unable to make it. Can I get a refund?
If we have not order the kit, you can still cancel the ticket and you'll be refunded.
If we have place the order then there will be NO refund. You can still collect the starter kit if you are unable to make it to the workshop.
- The event description was updated. Diff#375602 2018-10-03 10:30:06
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM MYT
- Randstad Sourceright Cyberjaya
Workshop + Starter Kit for Cytron Uno SOLD OUT RM130.00 Workshop (without Starter Kit) SOLD OUT RM30.00
- Venue Address
- Shaftsbury Square, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia Malaysia